These feature a 12.1-inch XGA screen, and convert from laptop to Tablet PC using a unique one-motion sliding-track mechanism: The TravelMate C200â€™s innovative sliding mechanism allows for a one-motion conversion from Notebook mode to Tablet mode. The system can be easily converted from Tablet to PC mode by simply pushing the LCD module from its closed position to the upright location of a typical notebook PC.
The C204 starts at $1899USD and uses a 2.0GHz Pentium M while the C203 starts at $1399 and uses a 1.50GHz Celeron M. They feature internal slot-loading optical drives, and space for a second battery using a “MediaBay” (hot-swappable device bay, seperate from the optical drive). The C200s are loaded with Microsoft WindowsÂ® XP Tablet PC Edition, and come with 802.11b/g wireless and Gigabit ethernet network connectivity.
Other differences between the TMC204TMi and TMC203ETCi:
* C204 comes with second battery for MediaBay (optional purchase for C203)
* C204 has a security fingerprint reader built-in
* C204 has NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 video chipset (instead of Intel GMA 900)
* C204 has a 100GB harddrive, C203 80GB. C204 comes with 1GB of memory, C203 512MB
* C204 has Intel 915PM Chipset, C203 has Intel 915GM chipset
The AcerÂ® TravelMateÂ® C200 is an all-new series of convertible tablets with a patented sliding-track mechanism that allows you to move between notebook and tablet modes in one smooth motion. You can choose a model that includes fingerprint security and two batteries, yet even with both batteries and the removable optical drive installed, weighs just 5.7 pounds.