More details about Sony’s 13-inch replacement for the VAIO VGN-SZ7 series, the VGN-Z (in this instance, Z11, instead of Z500), have emerged on the NotebookReview.com forums. The new information takes the form of datasheets released in German, with specific details and models.
Two of the models have HSDPA options, and all three of the models listed have 4GB RAM as a standard feature. All three also run Microsoft Windows Vista Business w/SP1. The model type is “VGN-Z11”.
– VGN-Z11MN/B: (VGNZ11MN/B.G4) – Black, Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (2.26GHz), 4GB RAM, 200GB HDD
– VGN-Z11VN/B – Premium Carbon Fiber, Intel Core 2 Duo P9500 (2.53GHz), 4GB RAM, HSDPA, 320GB HDD
– VGN-SZ11WN/B: (VGNZ11WN/B.G4) – Black, Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHz), 4GB RAM, HSDPA, 250GB HDD
They’ve listed the following SZ models as being replaced by the Z-series (and these SZ models are still available in Europe):
– VGN-SZ71WN/C replaced by Z11WN/B
– VGN-SZ71VN/X replaced by Z11VN/B
– VGN-SZ71MN/B replaced by Z11MN/B.G4