James Radcliffe has written an article, Installing Software Without an Optical Drive for Tablet PC Talk that, while it’s about Tablet PCs, applies equally to those smaller ultraportables that don’t have optical drives built-in. This could be of some use to those travelling, and who, for whatever reason, find themselves without some kind of optical drive. He covers three key areas – sharing over a network, external optical drives, and using a disk image.
- Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook 13.3-inch – $100 off At Amazon, NewEgg
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 Released, Contains Fixes for 2011 MacBook Air
- Intel Looking at Alternative Materials, Releasing More Ultrabook Information
- Computerworld: MacBook Airs Approach Perfection
- MacWorld Tests BTO MacBook Airs with Intel Core i7