Zigzag Designs has put together an interesting collection of laptop patents/inventions that have been filed over the past several years, including some from HP, IBM, and Samsung. Some of the ones with projection displays interested me – if you could work out a small enough projector with a decent resolution and refresh rate, it’s possible you could save weight, size, battery life, or all three (then again, nobody has done it so maybe it’s not possible with current limits).
- Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook 13.3-inch – $100 off At Amazon, NewEgg
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 Released, Contains Fixes for 2011 MacBook Air
- Intel Looking at Alternative Materials, Releasing More Ultrabook Information
- Computerworld: MacBook Airs Approach Perfection
- MacWorld Tests BTO MacBook Airs with Intel Core i7