This is a pretty slick upgrade to Sony’s 13.3-inch lineup – it retains the Cingular Wireless EDGE high-speed data capability, long with it’s optical DVD burner. Under the hood there is a Intel Core Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz) which really speeds things along. In addition to all of that, the SZ170P/C has something that few, if any, ultraportables in its class offer (and which is a major part of its fairly high price of around $2800 USD): It sports not one, but two graphics processors, the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 and Intel’s own Graphics Media Accelerator 950. Save a little battery life or play games, it’s up to you with literally the flip of a switch (along with a reboot unfortunately, but that is a shortcoming of Windows, not the machine). PC Magazine gave it four out of five stars.
- Amazon Gold Box – June 24 – Laptop and Storage Deals
- Small-Laptops.com is Coming Back – July, 2019
- Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook 13.3-inch – $100 off At Amazon, NewEgg
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 Released, Contains Fixes for 2011 MacBook Air
- Intel Looking at Alternative Materials, Releasing More Ultrabook Information