I won’t bore you with the specs since you can simply hit the page-down key and see plenty of information, but I was happy to hear that there are extended batteries. Cisco had the same battery life to within a few minutes of the NX100x that was reviewed by CNET, HOWEVER, this was a three-cell battery, and according to Cisco, there are six and nine-cell batteries, giving you plenty of battery life, at least 6-7 hours. I did think it was interesting that they said it “gets high marks because of the rarity of finding an affordable ultraportable that’s beautifully designed” – not often you hear something like that said about a company that isn’t named Apple. One thing that was pointed out in the review, and on Digg, these Ultra Low Voltage Core Solo CPUs, the U1300/U1400 are cool (literally speaking) which helps with keeping the size and noise down since you don’t have to run a big noisy fan.
- Amazon Gold Box – June 24 – Laptop and Storage Deals
- Small-Laptops.com is Coming Back – July, 2019
- Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook 13.3-inch – $100 off At Amazon, NewEgg
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 Released, Contains Fixes for 2011 MacBook Air
- Intel Looking at Alternative Materials, Releasing More Ultrabook Information