LG has announced the LG R200. The link to the LG Press Release (in Korean) was emailed to us, and this is the only information we have at this time (based on a rough translation).
Here’s what we know (based on a translation of the Korean press release):
– Should be based on Intel’s Santa Rosa Platform (Centrino Duo or Pro) based on timing of release – Centrino Duo/Pro were supposed to launch in May of 2007, and it would make no sense to launch laptops in May without trying to jump on the Centrino Pro/Duo bandwagon.
– 12.1″ WXGA (Widescreen, 1280×800) LCD Display
– Intel Core 2 Duo – 2GHz T7300 Processor
– 1GB of Memory
– ATI Mobility Radeon X2300HD with 128MB memory (dedicated?)
– 120GB Hard Drive (Probably SATA)
– Dual-Layer DVD writer (“Super Multi” has referred to dual-layer in the past)
– 802.11n Wireless (aka Next-Gen Wireless-N)
Unfortunately we don’t understand Korean and so will try to find more information elsewhere.