The Dell XPS M1330 is finally available and shipping. The XPS M1330 has a 13.3-inch display, including an optional LED-backlit display which can produce a better picture as well as increased battery life. Speaking of battery life, it also has the option for a 32GB Solid State Driver (SSD). It’s based on Intel’s Santa Rosa platform, and they start at $1299 at Dell.com
The optional LED-backlit display costs $150 extra.
Dell claims it’s “The worldâ€™s thinnest 13.3-inch notebook” and considering the height is 0.87 – 1.33 inches (depending on options), it’s easy to see why. It weighs just under four pounds (again depending on options) and has a 4-cell or an extended 6-cell battery. No word on battery life.
CPUs: IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢ 2 Duo T5250 (1.5GHz, 2MB cache), Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz, 4MB L2 Cache), Core 2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB L2 Cache), Core 2 Duo T7100 (1.80GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
– Optional LED-backlit Display
– Solid State Drive (SSD) option (Flash-memory hard drive)
– Mobile Broadband Options
– Built-in Webcam (0.3MP on LED display, 2MP on standard)
– Colors: Tuxedo Black, Crimson Red or Pearl White
– 0ptional NVIDIA GeForce Go 8400M GS dedicated graphics chipset with dedicated DDR3 Memory
– HDMI Out
– â€œMini Express Card Remoteâ€ for media control.
– Magnesium Alloy shell
– â€œMedia Directâ€ – Do not need to be booting into Windows to view certain multimedia types.