HP Compaq’s new ultraportable, the HP Compaq 2510p, is now shipping, starting at $1549 (lower than initially expected). It has a 12.1-inch widescreen display, and does include an internal optical drive (DVD dual-layer Multi-burner). Very surprising for a machine that weighs just under three pounds (and one of the most affordable in this class and weight).
Some of the features:
– Several mobile broadband options
– Weighs around 2.8 pounds
– Right around one inch thick
– Utilizes Intel Core 2 Duo Ultra Low Voltage CPUs (U7500 1.06GHz and U7500 1.20GHz).
– Maximum 2GB memory
– 1.8″ Hard Drives.
It comes preconfigured in five models with Windows Vista Business (the pricing is slightly weird, we are going to look into it):
– RM247UA – $2199 (Intel Core 2 Duo U7500, 2GB Memory, 80GB Hard Drive)
– RM246UT – $1999 (Intel Core 2 Duo U7600, 2GB Memory, 100GB Hard Drive)
– GM651AW – $1899 (Intel Core 2 Duo U7600, 1GB Memory, 80GB Hard Drive)
– RM243UT – $1649 (Intel Core 2 Duo U7500, 1GB Memory, 80GB Hard Drive)
– RM242UT – $1549 (Intel Core 2 Duo U7500, 1GB Memory, 60GB Hard Drive)
Thanks to JamesT for emailing this in.