The Sony VAIO VGN-TZ Series has been upgraded recently. This is being treated as a new lineup even though the last lineup has only been around for barely six months, and it’s still using an Intel 945GMS Chipset with Intel GMA 950 graphics, and either an Intel Core 2 Duo U7600 (1.2GHz) or a U7700 (1.33GHz). Memory is now 2GB standard across the line (but that’s max memory – 2GB is it). They’ve received bumps in hard drive size.
It’s also received a major upgrade in model numbers. We’ve jumped to TZ295, TZ298, etc. This represents a significant improvement from TZ190, TZ191, etc.!!!
I understand why Sony has so many different model numbers and names (reasons I won’t get into), but I really wish they’d stop. I’ll complain more later on today when I’m not so tired.
Without further ado:
– Sony VAIO VGN-TZ250N (three colors) $2199.99 – February 26, 2008 (Black, Gold, Rose)
– Sony VAIO VGN-TZ270N/B – $2499.99 – February 26, 2008 (Black)
– Sony VAIO VGN-TZ285N/RC $3099.99 – March 4, 2008 (Bordeaux Red)
– Sony VAIO VGN-TZ295N/XC $3499.99 – March 4, 2008 (Premium Carbon Fiber Black)
– Sony VAIO VGN-TZ298N/XC $3699.99 – March 4, 2008 (Premium Carbon Fiber Black)
Important things to know:
– All weigh under three pounds
– 11.1″ LED Backlight display
– TZ285N and TZ295N have 48GB Solid State Drives (SSD)
– TZ298N has a 64GB “Hybrid” Solid State Drive along with a 250GB Serial ATA (SATA) drive. OS is on Hybrid.
– External optical drives (that’s what happens when you have a display that small, but I’m not complaining)