A user over at the MSIWind.net forums states that they’ve acquired a sample Singapore MSI Wind. Whether it’s a manufacturing sample or a retail sample is not clear, this is the CPU identifier they have listed: …it’s reported as “Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270”, which further confirms that this is using Diamondville, as that is the code number for Diamondville. Silverthorne will be the Z series. When they activated the Windows XP Task Manager, you are able to see the hyper-threading that’s present (something not available in the older Celeron Ms that power the Eee PC 900 and the like).
Some other notes:
– 80GB Hard Drive is a Western Digital WD800BEVS (WDC.com) (SATA I, 12ms seek)
– Wireless is AR5007EG (Atheros.com)
– Ethernet is Realtek RTL8102E (Realtek.com.tw)
– Windows XP Home (important – it’s looked like at times it would be XP Professional)
– Weighs 1.2kg (2.65 pounds)
They’ve also posted some hard drive tests, CPU tests, and 3DMark Scores (3DMark03)