More details about the Lenovo ThinkPad X200 have finally surfaced. The X200 is the widescreen 12.1-inch replacement for the well-respected ThinkPad X61 / X61s lineup. Previously, the 12-inch ThinkPad X series were using a 4:3 “square” display and when the 13.3-inch Lenovo ThinkPad X300 was released, it was expected that the ultraportable end up of the X series would follow suit.
– ThinkPad X200 – Mid-range
– ThinkPad X200s and X200T (X200 Tablet) – high-end
– ThinkPad SL300 – Low-end (13.3-inch)
Details that emerged yesterday:
– 12-inch widescreen display
– 45nm Intel Core 2 Duo, including 2.4GHz (which means it’s probably the Core 2 Duo T8300 with 3MB L2 Cache and an 800MHz FSB)
– Depending on CPU, settings, and battery pack, up to 9+ hours of battery life
– Choice of drive storage, including Solid State Drive (SSD)
– DDR3 Memory (we are iffy about this)
– Weight starts at under 2.93 pounds
It’s also being mentioned that it will have a DisplayPort connector, a relatively new video/audio connector.
We have some additional details that we are trying to confirm and will post them tomorrow (June 10, 2008) once we have confirmation.