There’s a big event today, and based on a few things (last week’s CNN Money article plus Digitimes’ article – see below ) we could see the formal announcements of the Dell Mini Inspiron (or Inspiron Mini), the 12.1-inch Dell Latitude E4200 and the 13.3-inch Dell Latitude E4300.
DigiTimes is reporting that Compal Electronics will be shipping up to 250,000 8.9-inch netbooks for Dell, as well as a 10-inch model expected to launch in October, that will see around 400,000 – 450,000 monthly shipments.
More importantly – today Dell is having what they call a Dell Global Mobility Event:
What: “Live event featuring demonstration of a new generation of fresh and innovative designs, extreme power-efficiency and connectivity that will allow users to work anytime, anywhere.”
When: Tuesday, Aug. 12, 2008, 9 a.m. â€“ 10 a.m. PDT
Where: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (151 3rd St., San Francisco, CA 94103)
How: If you want to register for the event itself, go to this link
Who: Dell executives on hand for interviews include:
* Jeff Clarke, senior vice president, Dell Product Group
* Margaret Franco, director, Commercial Notebooks
* Steve Belt, vice president, Business Client Engineering
* Ken Musgrave, director, Commercial Experience Design Group
* Mark Jarvis, Chief Marketing Officer (from London via satellite)
You can follow along (through Direct2Dell) here: