Update – Official Site: Adamo by Dell
The new Dell Adamo is now available online through Dell. It’s in direct competition with the 13.3-inch Apple MacBook Air, and features a 13.4-inch 16:9 HD Display with “edge-to-edge” glass.
Color choices are either silver aluminum with etching and a pearl finish, or onyx aluminum with brushed finished. It is an aluminum chassis, and it’s been “torsion-tested” according to Dell. With the aluminum build, it’s only 0.65 inches thick.
With the lithium polymer battery, Dell claims up to 5 hours of battery life.
– 1.4GHz or 1.2GHz Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) Core 2 Duo/Centrino Platform
– 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
– 2GB – 4GB 800MHz DDR3 RAM
– 802.11n Wireless, plus Ethernet
– Bluetooth 2.1 EDR+
– Mobile Broadband options
– 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium
– 1.3MP Webcam
There are two models/options to start with:
– ADMIRE – $1,999: This is the baseline model, with a 1.2GHz CPU and 2GB of RAM.
– DESIRE – $2,699: This is the high-end model, with a 1.4GHz CPU and 4GB of RAM. It has optional mobile broadband connectivity.
From there, you can select two additional packages (as well as customizing):
– ENTREPRENEUR PACKAGE $2,447 (discounted to $2,348): Adds a 250GB external/USB drive.
– JET-SETTER PACKAGE $2,512 (discounted to $2,398): Adds a Tumi laptop sleeve, and external DVD-RW.
– Various Tumi sleeves
– External USB optical drive (DVD or Blu-Ray)
– External HDD (250GB or 500GB)