Message from Manufacturer:
It has become increasingly difficult to procure all of the components necessary to continue to build the GoBook III. As a result, GD-Itronix has initiated the End of Life Process on the model IX260+ GoBook III computer.
Orders for the GoBook III are no longer being accepted. The last ship date for the GoBook III is May 31, 2007.
GD-Itronix has announced the following timeline for End of Service:
* Service and support will remain the same.
* Existing service and support agreements from GD-Itronix will remain in effect, and the agreements may be renewed for service contracts that terminate as late as November 30, 2011.
* After November 30, 2011, â€œbest effortâ€ support will be available.
Product Name: Itronix GoBook III
Official Page: GoBookIII.com
– Also: GD-Itronix.com
Manufacturer: Itronix (A General Dynamics Company)
Available: September 2004
Price: Originally around $4500 and up. Now discontinued May 31, 2007
Markets: Discontinued Sales May 31, 2007
– Extremely “Rugged”
– Meets and exceeds the rigid military standard (MIL-STD 810F)
– Complies with Ingress Protection rating of IP54 for dust and rain intrusion sealing
– Optional Integrated GPS Available – a rarity among ultraportables.
– Optional Heater for certain components in extreme cold conditions.
– Hard Drive shock protection
– Can have second battery in media bay for up to 7.5 hours of battery life
– Keyboard: Waterproof NiteVue, glow-in-the-dark, backlight available
– Vehicle cradle available
The GoBook III featuring the new, state-of-the-art Intel 1.8 GHz Pentium M Centrino processor, enables organizations with mission critical field professionals to quickly and successfully deploy a broader range of complex software applications available today, while at the same time giving users significantly longer battery performance, superior wireless capabilities, and overall investment protection.
CPU: Intel Pentium M 745 (1.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
Front-side Bus: 400MHz
Memory: DDR SDRAM
Memory Capacity: 512MB – 2GB (2 slots)
Display: 12.1-inch LCD TFT enhanced Outdoor Transmissive ColorVue
Resolution: 1000×1000 ???
Graphics Chipset: ATI Mobility Radeon
Graphics Memory: Dedicated 64MB
Hard Drive: 2.5″ 40GB or 80GB Parallel ATA
Optical: 8x DVD-ROM/CDRW
Other: Hard Drive shock protection
Wireless: 802.11 b/g
Modem: 56K V.92
Ethernet: 10/100 Ethernet
Mobile Broadband: GPRS/EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, RTT, or Mobitex
Speakers: Internal Microphone, 2 Speakers
Audio I/O: Line-in/Line-out
USB: 1 x USB 2.0
Firewire: 1x Mini 1394a FW 400 IEEE 1394
PC Card: 1xPC Card Type II, III
Flash/Memory Card Reader: No
Other: Touchpad for Mouse, PS/2, 9-Pin Serial, Vehicle cradle
Other: Optional Smart Card, 2-level Network Security
Software & Warranty:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP w/Service Pack 2
Warranty: 3 yr Limited Lifetime, Optional Extended
Options: Lithion-Ion, 6600mAH main, 3600mAH media bay
Battery Life: 5.25 hours main, 7.5 hours media bay
Width: 12 inches (304.8mm)
Depth: 9.8 inches (248.9mm)
Height: 2.36 inches (59.4mm)
Weight: 8.2 pounds (3.72kg) + (depending on options)
– “Exploded View” – GD-Itronix.com internal view of GoBook III
– LAPTOP Magazine Review – March 2005 (4.5 out of 5 stars, “LAPTOP Hot Pick”)
– MobileTrax LLC – Mobile Awards Winner for 2005 Jan 2005