– Very similar to the Toshiba libretto U105
– Search Small-Laptops.com for Tohiba U100News
Product Name: Toshiba libretto U100
Official Page: N/A
Available: 2005 – 2006
Original Price: Originally Base: $1899 with 1-Year Warranty, DVD Docker
Price Now: $1899 and up from Amazon
Markets: Worldwide, Professioanl
– Hard Drive Shock Protection
Updates over previous models:
The librettoÂ® U100 packs impressive power and performance into an innovative, ultra-light, full-featured mini-notebook design. The librettoÂ® U100 includes the power of a standard-sized notebook packed into an innovative, 2.1 lb. mini-notebook design. Despite its size, the librettoÂ® U100 runs MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® XP Professional and is heavy on high-end features.
CPU: Pentium M Ultra Low Voltage 753 (ULV) (1.2GHz, 2MB L2)
Chipset: Intel 855GME
Front-side Bus: 400MHz
Memory: 33MHZ PCD2700 DDR SDRAM
Memory Capacity: 512MB – 1GB (1 slot)
Display: 72″ TFT LCD
Resolution: 1280×768 WXGA
Graphics Chipset: IntelÂ® Extreme Graphics 2 (Intel 855GM)
Graphics Memory: 15MB – 64MB (Shared)
Other: VGA Out
Hard Drive Type: IDE (8mm)
Hard Drive Capacity: 4200rpm 60GB
Optical: External – External â€œDVD Dockâ€ with DVD SuperMulti Drive
Other: Hard Drive Shock Protection
Wireless: AtherosÂ® wireless LAN with SuperG technology 802.11b/g
Modem: 56K V.92
Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 2.0 plus Extended Data Range (EDR)
Audio Chipset: Analog Devices AD1981B Software Sound
Internal Speakers/Microphone: Built-in speaker, built-in microphone
Audio I/O: Headphone/Line-Out
USB: 2x USB 2.0
Firewire: 1x IEEE 1394
PC Card: 1x Type II PCMCIA CardBus
Flash/Memory Card Reader: Secure Digital (SD)
Keyboard/Mouse: Full-sized 84 key w/12 Function keys, Windows Key, Toshiba Accupoint
Other: Fast Infrared (IrDA 1.1), DVD Dock
Trusted Platform Module (TPM): Yes
Software & Warranty:
Operating System: MicrosoftÂ® Windows XP Professional
Other Software: Microsoft Office OneNote, Microsoft Works
Warranty: 1-Year Warranty
Battery: Lithium Ion
Options: 6-cell 3400mAh
Battery Life: Up to 5 hours
Width: 8.27 inches / 210 mm
Depth: 6.5 inches / 165 mm
Height: 1.17 – 1.31 inches / 29.8 – 33.4 mm
Weight: 2.16 pounds / 0.98kg
Reviews and Articles:
– infoSync World – January 2006 – ….this is an impressive piece of hardware.
– CNET Asia – December 2005 – Toshiba’s tiny 1kg Libretto U100 may be just too small for many people to use effectively, but it’s a triumph of design and engineering. The only hefty thing about it is the price tag.
– HardwareCentral – November 2005 – 2 stars out of 5 – When all is said and done, we admire the Libretto U100’s sensational space utilization — rivaled only by palmtops like the OQO 01+ or Sony U Series with PDA-sized screens and BlackBerry-style thumb or plug-in keyboards. But though the Toshiba’s screen and keyboard top those products’, they’re just too puny to live with for long.
– TrustedReviews – October 2005 – 7 out of 10 – Very In-depth – The Libretto was a landmark product when Toshiba launched it back in the late nineties, but unfortunately it hasnâ€™t worn well.
– It Reviews – October 2005 – As with the original, the latest Libretto will make you think about the uses you could put it to, but perhaps the most limiting factor is the price.
– The Register – August 2005 – 80% – While you wonâ€™t want to use the U100 as your main machine, for use on the move itâ€™s a powerful and flexible portable with an impressive battery life for its size.
– PC Magazine – April, 2005 – PCMAG.com Editor’s Choice – 4/5 Stars – But if you just need something you can toss in your bag to keep you in touch and caught up while on the go, the Libretto should be your tiny notebook of choice.