Note: As of March, 2008, this list is incomplete and will not be updated. This is due to the fact that many laptops sold these days come pre-loaded with Microsoft Windows Vista.
Asus W5fe – Core 2 Duo based, with a 12.1-inch widescreen display. Notable for it’s Microsoft Vista “SideShow” feature, that is basically a 2.8-inch display on the back of the laptop – seperate from the main display. This display/feature is active even when the main display is closed and the machine is powered off. It can be used to display information such as e-mail, contact information, phone numbers, etc.
Averatec 2371 – AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core, 12.1-inch Display, Windows Vista Home Premium
– Dell Latitude XT – Dell’s Tablet PC – Few Details at this time
– Dell XPS M1330 – 13.3-inch widescreen, Intel Core 2 Duo, (June 2007)
– Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile U9200 – July 2007, Intel Santa Rosa/Core 2 Duo
Fujitsu FMV-U8240 UMPC – UMPC with 5.6-inch Display, “Convertible”
Fujitsu LifeBook P7230 – 10.6″ display, Intel Core Solo Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) CPU, does have room for an internal optical drive, including dual-layer DVD writing capabilities.
– Fujitsu LifeBook FMV-P8240 – 8.9 inch widescreen touchscreen (June 2007)
Fujitsu LifeBook T4215 – 12.1-inch display, Tablet PC, Intel Core 2 Duo
– Fujitsu LifeBook FMV-T8140 – June 2007 – U7500, 12.1-inch touchscreen widescreen
Gigabyte W251U – 12.1-inch display, Intel Core Duo or Core 2 Duo. Windows XP Home or Professional, Vista.
HTC Shift – 7-inch touchscreen widescreen display, with 1GB memory, 30GB harddrive, Unknown CPU, March 2007
Lenovo 3000 V200 series – 12.1-inch display, Intel Core 2 Duo, Santa Rosa, (May 2007)
Lenovo ThinkPad X61/X61s – 12.1-inch Display, Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel’s Santa Rosa platform
Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet – May 2007, 12.1-inch Display, Core 2 Duo, Based on Intel’s Santa Rosa platform
Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet – Comes with either Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or Windows Vista Business or Premium Editions. 12.1-inch touchscreen display, extended batteries are available for much longer battery life, and is powered by a Low Voltage Core Solo or Core Duo or a regular Core Duo CPU from Intel.
OQO Model 02 – An “ultra ultraportable” – this is a pseudo-convertible Tablet/laptop – it has a physical keyboard, and the screen is a touch screen. It weighs in at under one pound with the standard battery and is powered by a VIA CPU. It has a 5″ display – yes, a 5-inch display.
Sony VAIO TZ11 – 11.1-inch Widescreen, LED Backlight, Intel Core 2 Duo U7500
– Toshiba Satellite U305 – June 2007, 13.3-inch, Intel Santa Rosa
Toshiba Portege R400 – Comes with either Microsoft Windows Vista Business or Ultimate Editions. Has a 12.1-inch touchscreen display, as well as a secondary OLED on the outside/back of the display, dubbed “Toshiba Edge Display”, that allows you to check email, battery status, wireless connectivity, etc., at a glance, without opening up the laptop.
– Toshiba Portege R500 – U7600, LED Backlit display, 12.1-inch Display, U7600 CPU (June 2007)
– Toshiba Satellite U200 and U205 – 12.1-inch Display, Various Intel CPUs
– Toshiba Satellite U300 – 13.3-inch Widescreen Display (June 2007)