Nobody wants to lug around a 10-pound laptop anymore, but while computer makers scramble to roll out models that are ever smaller and lighter, nobody has stopped to ask just how small is too small.
Dialogue Technology Corp.’s Flybook and Fujitsu Ltd.’s Lifebook P1500 are two purse-size tablet computers that beg the question. Each has 8.9-inch displays and weighs less than 3 pounds.
…Celebrity endorsements of computers seem as absurd as wine recommendations from garbage collectors _ not that they have no taste in wine, but they’re not known as connoisseurs. Likewise, Hollywood celebrities aren’t known for their technological expertise, so it’s somewhat suspect that Heather Graham, Rosario Dawson and Elijah Wood are all Flybook fans _ or at the very least, they’ve been photographed with the computer
- Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook 13.3-inch – $100 off At Amazon, NewEgg
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 Released, Contains Fixes for 2011 MacBook Air
- Intel Looking at Alternative Materials, Releasing More Ultrabook Information
- Computerworld: MacBook Airs Approach Perfection
- MacWorld Tests BTO MacBook Airs with Intel Core i7