Details have emerged about the Sony VAIO TZ11 lineup, slated for a European launch (we’ll post the North America and Asian models as they become available). NotebookReview.com broke the story about the VAIO TZ, with information leaking out last week, and then .PDF files from a retailer this week. Surprisingly it’s not based on Intel’s Santa Rosa, but it does have “X-Black” LED Backlighting.
– Intel Core 2 Duo U7500 CPU (1.06GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB) – Ultra Low Voltage
– 1.8″ Hard Drive (80GB or 100GB)
– Up to 2GB of memory
– Weighs just over 2.6 pounds, but includes internal optical drive.
– Redesigned hinge, as well as keyboard (as NoteBookReview.com points out – MacBook like)
– 11.1-inch Widescreen Display (1366×768) with LED Backlighting
– Built-in “Motion Eye” camera
VAIO VGN-TZ11XN/B: Black lid, 2GB Memory, 100GB Hard Drive, pictured
VAIO VGN-TZ11MN/N: Silver lid, 1GB Memory, 80GB Hard Drive